University | Software Engineer (Intern)
Crusoe Energy is on a mission to unlock value in stranded energy resources through the power of computation. Take a look at what we do! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlt8k71Quqw We aim to align the long term interests of the climate with the future of global computing infrastructure. As data centers consume an exponentially growing power footprint to deliver technology to all connected devices, we are inspired by making sure that the energy meeting that demand is sourced in an environmentally responsible fashion. Crusoe co-locates mobile data centers with stranded energy resources, like flare gas and underloaded renewables, to deliver low-cost, carbon-negative distributed computing solutions. Crusoe Cloud is a managed cloud services platform powered by stranded energy that enables climate-friendly innovation in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering and computational biology.
About the Role
Our values drive our work from thinking like a mountaineer, our relentless commitment to resource efficiency and tapping into our collective genius. At Crusoe, you will be challenged to do the best work of your entire life and to be and become your best self. Our teams are empowered to tackle hard problems that benefit our customers, grow our business and create a positive impact in reducing global emissions.
As a Software Engineer Intern at Crusoe, you’ll join a lean (we’re ~200 people total, but only 20 engineers), diverse, and mission-driven team building a new cloud infrastructure from the ground up and work at the forefront of distributed system technologies. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of projects across our Crypto Mining Platform and our Cloud platform that enables climate-friendly innovation in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering and computational biology.
You’ll collaborate with other engineers to build and maintain scalable and highly available fault-tolerant distributed systems at scale, build products and tools from the ground up that will be used by customers around the world, triage bugs and solve issues in production, and work with product owners and other stakeholders to iterate on new features.
While we’re still a young company, this will mark our fourth summer intern class, so we’re accustomed to offering intimate mentorship from industry experts and plenty of opportunity for impact, responsibility, and ownership. Over the last two years, we’ve added new grads and interns to the engineering team from Harvard, CMU, Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Washington. If you have a passion for the energy industry, technology, environmental stewardship and innovative solutions, we want to hear from you. We’re looking for driven individuals aligned with our Core Values.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience coding in an industry-standard language with at least one modern language such as Go, Rust, Java, or C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and algorithm design
Nice to Have
- An interest in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Experience with writing automated testsExperience with modern data and state technologies like GraphQL, Redux
- Familiarity with React, Typescript, ES6, Webpack, WebSockets
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD practices and build systems, such as GitLab CI/CD, CircleCI, GitHub Actions
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure tools, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Cloud Formation, Terraform
- Familiarity with concurrency, multi-threading and synchronization
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Hybrid work schedule
- Industry competitive pay
- Housing Stipend
- Company paid commuter benefit; $100 per month
Crusoe Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.Apply Now