User Experience Researcher – Intern (m/f/d)
Who we are:
We’re an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in crypto, and we are passionate about digital assets. With a new product roadmap, we are adding several new products to our portfolio beyond on-chain data – we are becoming a more comprehensive go-to crypto platform for various needs.
Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin, Ethereum and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim to deliver intelligible, actionable, and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market and equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
The User Research Intern plays a key role in shaping the user experience by driving research to provide user insights that will inform product design and strategy. During your internship experience as a User Researcher, you will collaborate with Designers and product stakeholders to build a deep knowledge of the customer journey, understand business and research goals, conduct high-quality research, and present findings. We strive to understand our users’ needs and behaviours to help create useful, usable, and engaging products and features.
This position is a sleeve up, heels dug in, high quality and high output research role in an equally high revving team that serves 100% of the company’s design and research needs. At the end of your four months, you will have supported the Research, Design, and Product teams by finding the right people to talk to, conducting studies using different research methods, making sense of the gathered data, and presenting impactful and actionable insights.
Join us remotely from anywhere in Germany, as our work is 100% online. The position is full-time.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll hit the ground running from day one.
- As an Intern, you will advance your career and put theory into practice by driving and delivering user research projects directly related to our business needs.
- Your work will make a significant impact by increasing the understanding of our users and deepening the connection between our users and the rest of the product teams to make our product useful, easier, and delightful to use.
Your core responsibilities:
- Your closest partners will be our Senior User Researcher, Product Managers, and Designers. Together you will determine the scope of research within various areas of our product.
- Plan and conduct research collaboratively and independently using various research methodologies (i.e., user interviews, surveys, analytics, usability testing, unmoderated testing, etc.) to evaluate concepts and test assumptions, producing evidence-based insights that will influence product decisions.
- Identify the best research method, or a mix of quantitative and qualitative methods, based on priorities, research questions, timeline, and resourcing.
- Assist the Senior User Researcher in executing various research projects to ensure project quality and progress.
- Synthesise research data and translate it into user insights that improve product design and development.
- Present actional research findings to diverse audiences through written documentation and presentations.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and design workshops with colleagues
What you bring to the table:
- Must haves:
- Prior experience in User Research (your classroom and industry projects both count)
- A recently completed university degree (within 24 months) in the area of: Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, or User Experience
- Positive, energetic, inquisitive attitude and the ability to ask and explore meaningful questions
- Oral Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively; Listen and gets clarification when necessary; Respond informatively to questions; Demonstrate group presentation skills; Communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Written Communication – Write clearly and concisely; Edit work; Vary writing style to meet specific needs; Present numerical data effectively; Read and efficiently interpret written information
- Planning/Organizing – you can prioritize and plan work activities; Shift priorities as needed; Use time efficiently; Plan for additional resources; Set goals and objectives
- Problem-Solving – Identify and resolve problems efficiently; Gather and analyze information; Develop solutions; Work well in group problem-solving situations; Use reason
- Quality – Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote quality; Apply feedback to improve performance; Monitor own work to ensure quality
- You are willing to assist wherever needed
- A hunger to learn and develop/improve qualitative research skills
- Ability to collaborate closely with cross-functional partners, driving alignment around user needs and incorporating peers into the research process
- Excellent in observation and synthesis; should be able to connect the dots across seemingly disparate information
- Detail-oriented, managing multiple projects simultaneously
Nice to have:
- A research portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, reports, personas)
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative, across the various stages of product development
- Experience planning and driving cross-functional brainstorming activities (such as design sprints or similar exercises)
- Ability to conduct independent research.
- Experience collaborating with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to create customer journey maps and apply innovative approaches to communicate user insights
- Experience using analytics tools (i.e. Pendo, Google Analytics, Data Studio, LogRocket)
- Familiarity with remote research tools (i.e. Userzoom Go, UserTesting, SurveyMonkey)
- Experienced with storytelling and crafting actionable narratives derived from your findings
What we offer:
- Flexibility to organise your work and hours the way you like, our remote-first setup enables this for everyone
- Join an innovative, self-funded company in a future-proof analytics and market intelligence segment of web3
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment. We need driven experts who help us figure out what to do, not for us to point at what needs to be done
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops or unnecessary processes, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
- We are working on a kick-ass, meaningful benefits package, something truly useful and empowering – you will help us figure out what we’d need to stand out as the workplace of the future; we are open to any ideas
- Frequent company offsites, we love remote but love to have fun together, too – last year, we went to Lisbon for a week and had our New Year’s party in Mallorca, and more adventures are coming up
Glassnode is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.Apply Now