Nascent is a team of builders who back early-stage web3 founders creating products and primitives for an open financial world. Founded in 2020, we’ve invested in 50+ early-stage teams that we believe have the potential to create substantive change, expand boundaries and find new horizons. Building from a base of permanent capital, we also deploy a sizable liquid portfolio utilizing a range of strategies that ensure we are among the most active users of the open financial system we are helping to build. The fluid structure that enables our team to build, use, and invest in the future of crypto makes Nascent both an ideal early-stage partner and long-term ally.
The Nascent venture team is on the hunt for a new team member to help research, identify, and source investment opportunities in promising early-stage web3 products and protocols. Working directly with our Co-Founder, the Investment Analyst will play a critical role in tracking technical and market developments, developing investment theses, stewarding and managing relationships, conducting diligence and technical analysis, and providing hands-on post-investment support. If you can go from 0 to 1 in understanding a problem and identifying the process and frameworks to analyze and form a technically-oriented perspective, we want to meet you.
This is an opportunity to make a direct impact on the bottom line of a crypto-native multi-strategy firm with a strong VC presence, engineering organization, and liquid trading operation. This may be the right opportunity for you if you’re a scrappy and dynamic human with the hunger to learn and drive to win as crypto becomes an integral part of global infrastructure.
- Researching, exploring, and evaluating bleeding edge technical projects and developing a perspective on new market frontiers
- Build relationships to identify and source venture deals within ecosystem (e.g., founders, engineers, researchers, investors)
- Steward the venture funnel: manage communication, action items, follow up, and meetings from first touch to closing
- Prepare deal memos for high potential investment opportunities and coordinate team members through feedback process
- Bring a strong analytical mindset to contribute to analyzing ecosystem verticals
- Supporting the venture team to deliver high-impact support for our portfolio, including identifying needs, developing resources, facilitating partnership introductions, sourcing candidates, etc
- You are an action-oriented and scrappy builder and can deliver results in a dynamic workflow
- You have a futuristic mindset and can ingest, synthesize, and form a viewpoint on swiftly moving horizons, opportunities, and trends
- You are a crypto-native or crypto-curious autonomous learner with the ability to shift from a wide topline view into deep technical details
- Previous experience rapidly analyzing and synthesizing deeply technical information and forming and communicating a compelling perspective
- Proven capability in relevant expertise areas, such as network infrastructure, protocol design, cryptography, finance, social, consumer tech, etc
- Experience developing financial models and landscape analyses
Our Team & Culture
At Nascent, we are an interdisciplinary team of investors, builders, and creators, capable of achieving more together than we can as individuals. We offer the opportunity to contribute to building the future global economic system with a world-class team and culture that pairs the freedom to explore, experiment, and play, with a competitive drive to win. We invest in our people by providing the autonomy to build, coupled with accountability and honest feedback to help learn, grow, perform and win. We’re a fully distributed team that understands the value of in-person time—we host two team retreats per year and encourage team members to come together for more frequent in-person work.
Principles That Drive Our Team & Work
- Build for the long term
- Align incentives
- Be nimble
- Compete to win
- Explore, experiment, play
- Always be building
- Give and embrace real feedback
What We Offer
At Nascent, we offer a competitive total compensation package heavily weighted toward bonus, ensuring that when we perform at our best and the firm wins, we all win.
- Fully remote and distributed working environment
- Comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Retirement plan matching contributions
- Open vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
- Access to our internal performance coaching and support for continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge, and achieving your career and personal development goals
- Team activities and bi-annual in-person team retreats
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status, inclusive of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply Now