Android Engineer, Crypto
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
We’re excited to invite talented and motivated Android Engineers to join our award-winning team to help expand Robinhood’s mobile experience for our customers.
The Crypto team is responsible for building our world class standalone crypto application, and for movement of crypto assets in and out of the application.
We’re looking for passionate and skilled engineers who lead by example, building up the product and people around them through hard work, mentorship, and proven best practices.
What you’ll do
- Work with a fast-growing team to revolutionize finance at speed and scale
- Build smooth, stable, and elegant products with Kotlin and the newest Android APIs
- Own features from inception to design, implementation, and launch
- Work cross-functionally with Product Designers, Product Managers, Backend Engineers, and Data Engineers
- Work with Kotlin, Coroutines, RxJava, Retrofit / OkHttp, Dagger / Hilt, Room
What you bring
- 3+ years of professional Android development experience building consumer Android applications at scale, preferably in Kotlin and Compose
- Attention to detail, passion for writing clean, readable and maintainable code
- Proficiency in Kotlin or Java, and Jetpack
- Motivation to improve Robinhood’s app and codebase to ensure the highest quality for our customers
- Strong product sense and ability to collaborate with Product Managers and Designers
- Excellent communication skills and passion for solving technical challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred; equivalent training or work experience also acceptable
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $157000 – $185000
US Zone 2: $139000 – $163000
US Zone 3: $122000 – $144000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.