Senior Backend Engineer
We’re building Omni: a platform allowing developers to deploy applications across all rollups without fragmenting liquidity. We’re looking for founding team members to help us bring this ambitious vision to life.
We’re a team who already built a platform that processed over $70M leading to our $18M fundraise from top investors including Pantera, Two Sigma Ventures, Coinbase Ventures alongside angel investors including Stani Kulechov (founder of Aave), Sandeep Nailwal (cofounder of Polygon) and more.
If you are looking to join a passionate, motivated team to help create software that levels the playing field for people across the globe join us at Omni. We’re building a future that re-centers the individual in the internet.
About the Role:
A senior backend engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of foundational components of Omni’s stack, in particular the chain indexer and other backend services, while also having responsibilities to collaborate with the wider engineering team to improve our overall architecture and code quality. There will be opportunities to learn and contribute across the stack.
- Develop our chain indexer and other backend services from the design stage all the way to production ready implementations, primarily in golang
- Productionize deployments for our testnets and eventually mainnet, utilizing platforms such as Terraform and AWS
- Implement and optimize CI/CD to improve build and test times. Detect and improve performance, stability for microservices.
- Improve the design of peer’s architecture through thoughtful, professionally communicated feedback.
- Contribute to open source projects and play a role in building out the crypto ecosystem at large.
- 3-7 years of experience in a backend role
- Significant experience with a systems language like Go (preferred), Rust, or C++
- experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building and maintaining a production system at scale
- Extensive experience managing the software development life cycle for medium to large projects
- Experience with AWS, GCP or similar cloud providers
- Desire to keep up with modern best practices in software development and crypto, and shape our tech stack as we build out new systems and services
Our benefits include competitive compensation, early stage equity allocations, team outings, wellness stipends, 401k with employer matching (for US employees), unlimited PTO. In addition, you’ll join a team of high caliber engineers who are innovating at the frontier of crypto that all work collaboratively to help one another accelerate their growth.
We are a mission driven company. We believe deeply that through software engineering we can build a self-sovereign society. In our day to day, we make decisions based upon our company values of Individual Autonomy, Long-Term Orientation and Open Access.
The future belongs to all of us, independent of our origins. Omni is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.Apply Now