Senior Designer – Otherlife
We are MoonPay. Architects of the future, inventors, artists, and authors of innovation.
Our vision? To unlock digital ownership for everyone. We are onboarding the world to web3, where people can own and control their digital identity, data, property, and money.
MoonPay is the world’s leading web3 infrastructure company. We provide end-to-end solutions for payments, enterprise-scale smart contract development, and digital asset management. Many of the world’s most iconic brands rely on MoonPay to power their web3 strategies and ideas.
Now boarding the next generation of leaders. Come help us build what’s next.
The Discipline ❤️
Otherlife by MoonPay is a creative studio based out of Toronto, specializing in Web3 product strategy, design, development, and branding for the world’s leading companies and brands including Arsenal Football Club, Coinbase, OpenSea, and Shopify.
What you’ll do 👀
The Senior Designer will work out of Otherlife’s Toronto office in Liberty Village. They are responsible for delivering against a wide range of design mandates in a multidisciplinary environment. Working under the guidance of the Creative Director, they must demonstrate excellent attention to detail in design and craft. This position will execute various projects, including immersive and interactive web design, UI/UX, branding & identity, 3D modeling, and motion/animation. They will work closely with other Senior Designers, Illustrators, and Art Directors to ensure design integrity and brand alignment across all touch points.
- Note: This role requires 5+ years of design experience with 2+ years in a Senior Designer role (or higher) within an agency setting. Candidates without this experience will not be considered**
You should apply if ✅
- Define and develop immersive and interactive digital products, media experiences, and concepts into tangible solutions in collaboration with design leads and clients.
- Design 2D and 3D characters, props, objects, and environments in the style of the project
- Execute detailed design of defined experiences working across the service components and visual language
- Design wireframes, screens, and prototypes to illustrate product behavior
- Design and complete all phases of graphic design work related to projects
- Participate in all project phases, from strategy, design, development, launch, and optimization
- Conduct research, including trends and competitor analysis
- Create presentations and written rationales for internal critiques and client-facing reviews
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Graphic Design, Digital Media, or a closely related field
- Strong conceptual thinking. We want people who can start a project off from an incredibly strong position and come up with surprising, smart concepts
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills — the ability to work with Art Directors and Creative Directors, as well as the confidence and skill to communicate ideas clearly
- Experience designing new, innovative layouts and designs that scale and flex across different platforms, including web, mobile, presentations, etc.
- A user-centric design approach, as evidenced by considerations for accessibility, technology platforms, and contextual storytelling
- A passion for all aspects of design, including conceptual thinking, typography, motion, copy, and imagery.
- Experience building products, developing component-based design systems, and adapting brand guidelines to create scalable systems
- Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, Blender, Cinema 4D
- Able to work out of the Liberty Village office based in Toronto, Ontario.
- Experience working with crypto, NFTs, blockchain technology and Web3
- Experience designing interactive websites utilizing three.js, WebGL, Unity, GSAP
- Additional spoken and written languages
- Experience with project management
Otherlife Perks ⚡️
- Competitive salary, based on experience, market data and location
- Share options
- Health & dental benefits
- Company events
- Access to special events
- Office lunches
- Swag / merch