About IOV Labs
IOV Labs is on a mission to provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralised tools and technology to build a new global economy.
IOV Labs develops, promotes, and supports Rootstock, a Bitcoin merge-mined smart contract platform – the most secure smart contract platform in the world. IOV Labs also develops RIF Apps & Services to provide our partners with everything they need to build decentralized apps and new Open Finance services on Rootstock.
Everyday our teams come to work to build a more decentralised world, for a freer and fairer future.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Web3 Engineer to join a team of high qualification and technical excellence for one of the most challenging projects in the Bitcoin and FinTech industry worldwide.
Rootstock is an open-source, decentralized and peer-to-peer network that brings smart contracts to the Bitcoin ecosystem. It is the first one to provide the possibility of running Ethereum smart contracts in Bitcoin, using bitcoin as its native cryptocurrency, and leveraging Bitcoin’s hashing power. Rootstock is one of the most exciting projects in the crypto and blockchain space!
The Co-Creation team is responsible for evolving and maintaining several web3 projects that run on top of the Rootstock network. People in this team have a great understanding of how the Rootstock protocols work, security, extending functionalities, among other things.
What You’ll be Doing
- Design and implement smart contracts on Rootstock EVM compatible Blockchain
- Develop and maintain decentralized applications (DApps) that interact with smart contracts.
- Work with front-end developers to integrate DApps into user interfaces.
- Ensure the security of applications by conducting thorough testing and audits of smart contracts.
- Stay updated with the latest developments in blockchain technology and Web3 standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop robust and scalable blockchain solutions.
- Provide technical support and documentation for developed applications.
- Optimize smart contract execution costs and improve the efficiency of DApps.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the continuous improvement of development practices.
What You Bring to the Table
- Proven experience as a blockchain developer with a focus on Ethereum or other smart contract platforms.
- Proficiency in Solidity and experience with smart contract development tools such as Truffle, Hardhat, or Remix.
- Strong understanding of blockchain fundamentals, consensus mechanisms, and decentralised architectures.
- Familiarity with front-end development and web3 libraries such as web3.js or ethers.js.
- Experience with IPFS, Oracles, and other decentralised technologies.
- Knowledge of cryptography, including asymmetric (pub/priv key), symmetric, hash functions, encryption/signatures.
- Good understanding of distributed systems and peer-to-peer networking.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Understanding of decentralised finance (DeFi) and NFTs.
- Familiarity with various blockchain networks and their unique features.
What You’ll get Back
- Competitive salary and company bonus
- 100% remote working (External Employee) from anywhere in the world
- Global WeWork membership
- Flexible working hours – you’re free to work however you work best
- Paid holidays and personal leave days
- Opportunity to work with state of art technology in a challenging and unique project
- Internationally diverse and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Training programs to learn everything about the crypto world
- Periodic scientific moments by our Research & Innovation team to learn about technology, challenges, and solutions in the blockchain world
- Language courses: English & Spanish
- Employee assistance program offering legal, financial, family, psychological, and wellness counselling for you and your family
IOV Labs Mission, Vision, & Purpose
- Our purpose is to… build a more decentralised world, for a freer and fairer future.
- Our vision is… a safe and equitable global financial system that enables everyone to participate and prosper.
- We’re on a mission to… provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralised tools and technology to build a new global economy.
IOV Labs Values
Our values reflect the fact that we are a global, distributed team who embrace complex and revolutionary decentralised technologies, guided by a strong social purpose.
- Take Responsibility
- Make it Useful
- Stay Open
- Be Fair
IOV Labs embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.Apply Now
$40,000 - $120,000 *
| Remote |
28 November 2023Apply Now
It would be amazing if you let IOV Labs know you found the job here!
No downloads should be needed during the application, stay vigilant to scams.